Sunday, January 19, 2014

How to study vocabulary!



When it comes to vocabulary, I can tell you that it is not my favorite part of studying English. Back in High School it was not a big problem for me, because you only had to know the translation for a word – but here at university it is something different if you have to KNOW a word. Knowing a word means to know everything about it, definition, synonyms, antonyms, collocations etc. Because of that it can happen that you only have two words on one page in your vocabulary notebook. But nevertheless, I found a way to make vocabulary learning fun – vocabulary.com. It is a great way to go through the words, without even have the feeling that you are studying. I wish I had known this website a few years ago. If I don’t know a word I write it down in my handwritten vocabulary notebook (very old-fashioned) and revise it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment