Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pronunciation Diary 2




In order to pass the oral pronunciation exam I had to improve a few things. First I had to work on the V-sound. To improve the difference between V and W I watched Amy Walker’s video How to do an American Accent. At the end of Part 2 she focuses on V and W. I really recommend her tutorials. She explains really well and it is easy to understand. I watched all of her videos, and repeated after her. The one called 21 accents is very funny. Amy is introducing herself in 21 different accents from all over the world. I posted the link below. 



To work on specific words I used memidex.com. This is a website where you can type in a word you do not know how to pronounce. I had troubles to say spiral, alternative and aluminum (while reading it out, I noticed that I said it the British English way). I also mixed up easel and aisle.
For me as a non-native speaker, it is sometimes really hard to hear the difference between the way I said a word and the way you would say it correctly. I often had to listen to a word several times in order to hear what I said wrong. That’s another thing I would like to improve during the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment